Re: Hi all, bug or design flaw?

From: Al Viro
Date: Thu Jan 21 2010 - 20:26:00 EST

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:05:50AM +0100, Stepan Chatalyan wrote:
> (1) I mount /tmp with noexec,nosuid,nodev options

> (4) I tried to execute it, but pass to bash ". /tmp/createdfile"
>
> [kehcho@tornadowt] [/tmp]$ . /tmp/createdfile
> Probe...
>
> It is a kernel bug or I just report a another one?

What the hell does it have to do with the kernel? You've told shell
to open a text file, read it and interpret its contents line by line.
It had done as instructed. Moreover, bash /tmp/createdfile would work
just as fine. Neither of those would attempt to do execve() on the
file in question; you are just telling shell what to open and read.