Re: usbhid driver: replacing resume or using a post resumefunction

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Tue Jan 26 2010 - 18:21:19 EST

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010, Rick L. Vinyard, Jr. wrote:

> I was looking for an example of a hid driver that needs to customize
> resume or provides a post resume function, but couldn't find one.
>
> I would like to implement some post resume code. In particular, the g13 on
> resume loses the backlight color, LCD image and LED state. On resume, it
> needs feature reports sent to re-establish these settings.
>
> However, I couldn't find a way to either provide a post resume function or
> replace resume with a call to hid_resume() followed by the feature
> reports.
>
> Any suggestions?

Current HID / USBHID code doesn't allow for that. But implementing that
should be pretty straightforward, you can define callbacks in the
hid_device struct and then redirect to them instead of the default ones,
when they are initialized.

If you submit this patch together (but separately) with your Logitech G13
driver, there shouldn't be any obstacle merging it.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.