nr_cpu_ids incorrect on AMD Quad-Core Opteron 8380

From: zhiyi
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 18:36:06 EST

Hi,
I have just found the value of nr_cpu_ids is 32, instead of 16 on my new Dell PowerEdge R905 which has 16 cpus (4 quad-core Opteron 8380). However, /proc/cpuinfo displays the right number (16).
I have searched the archive but found no related subject. Is there any patch already available to fix the problem?
I am using 2.6.31-4 and verified this incorrect value (32) using a module.
Please CC responses to my personal email.
Cheers,
Zhiyi