Re: [crash, PATCH] Revert "drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/offswitch out of staging."

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 10:45:15 EST

* Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It's the moving of radeom KMS out of staging after -rc6 that causes it,
> > because it brought it into the scope of my testing:
> >
> > f71d018: drm/radeon/kms: move radeon KMS on/off switch out of staging.
> >
> > So at least on this box it's clearly not ready for mainline enablement
> > yet. I've attached the revert patch further below.
>
> Its not enabled by default so reverting this doesn't make much sense.

I boot allyesconfig kernels regularly, which testing method works fine with
another 2000+ upstream drivers. (including the dozens of drivers which match
to active hardware components on that box)

> We can just treat this as a normal driver bugreport.

Commit f71d0187 is post-rc6, so i'm not sure it fits your "this is business
as usual, lets move on" characterisation.

Thanks,

Ingo