Re: [GIT] Security subsystem changes for 2.6.33

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sun Feb 14 2010 - 23:46:25 EST

> Eric Paris (5):

>      SELinux: add .gitignore files for dynamic classes

This isn't such a good idea I've discovered after wasting half my day
wondering why 2.6.33-rc8 oops in selinux
code when vbetool runs.

The problem (not sure what we or git can do, hence Linus cc'ed) is:

a) git tree contains 2.6.32 + with old non-generated versions of
flash.h and av_permissions.h
b) git pull 2.6.33-rc8, nothing removes these old files, git status
doesn't show them as they are now in .gitignore
c) build 2.6.33, it picks up the include files from the old location
not from the generated ones in the new tree.
d) bad juju.

I'm also doing out of tree builds btw.

Dave.