Re: High cpu temperature with 2.6.32, bisection shows commit 69d258(fwd)

From: Dimitrios Apostolou
Date: Mon Feb 22 2010 - 11:44:06 EST

Hi Arjan, Len,

It seems that another user of archlinux (mie.iscrizioni CC'd) is having the same problem, and this time I can't see any PME+ flag in lspci output. The bug report is at [1] but since it's getting too big perhaps you want to take a look at attachment [2], which includes "powertop -d", "dmidecode" and "lspci -vvv" output.

BTW, the common denominator for all these cases is the message "Marking TSC unstable due to TSC halts in idle". So I was thinking perhaps the code that detects the bug is already there! What do you think?

Thanks,
Dimitris

[1] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17771
[2] http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17771?getfile=4899