Re: linux-firmware-nonfree: Add prism54 softmac firmware

From: Chase Douglas
Date: Wed Feb 24 2010 - 09:54:27 EST

> > I checked
> > the lucid kernel and we do have prism54 built as a module still. So, are
> > we going to leave the prism54 module in, in which case we need to
> > restore the prism54 firmware?
>
> Yes I'd restore the prism54 firmware until the coast is clear with
> p54pci for all. Its not the case so far as per reports.
>
> > Or are we going to remove it, in which
> > case the firmware package I uploaded was fine? I'm assuming at this
> > point we'll be leaving it in though.
>
> I'd say keep it for now.

We've decided to keep things as is from Karmic to Lucid in an effort to
not screw things up for people who already have their wireless working.
This means we'll be shipping both prism54 and p54* drivers.

I have uploaded a new linux-firmware-nonfree package that contains all
the prism54 firmware for all the drivers:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~cndougla/linux-firmware-nonfree/

Thanks,
Chase