Re: Performance regression in scsi sequential throughput (iozone)due to "e084b - page-allocator: preserve PFN ordering when __GFP_COLDis set"

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Feb 26 2010 - 06:18:39 EST

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 04:13:52PM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> FIN)
> So, thats it from my side.
> I look forward to the finalized congestion_wait->zone wait patch however
> this turns out (zone wait is resonable if fixing this symptom or not in
> my opinion).
> But still I have a small amount of hope left that all the data I found here
> might give someone the kick to see whats going on in mm's backstage due to
> that patches.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for doing all this work. I've been looking at a couple of other
regressions while it seemed like you guys were making progress. I can't
seem to reproduce it on my x86-64 system (was anybody able to reproduce
it on x86?)

Anyway I have asked our mainframe guy whether we can set up an
environment.

I agree it is a real problem that really needs to be properly explained.

Thanks,
Nick