[BUG] 2.6.33ish. System hang, requesting debugging help

From: Cory Fields
Date: Sun Feb 28 2010 - 17:49:36 EST

I've compiled a 2.6.33 kernel and booted into it fine, but when
starting X I get a nasty hang. Neither the 3 finger salute nor magic
sysreq are of any help. I've also tried attaching via serial console
but that hangs as well.

Would anyone like to volunteer for a bit of handholding to track this
down? I've checked the obvious places.. syslog, xorg logs, but I can't
find anything helpful.

Unfortunately, a simple bisect is out of the question. Because I can't
shutdown cleanly, I've already had to recover from (slight) data
corruption. I would prefer something a bit more scientific. My current
stable kernel is 2.6.30, though I'm willing to give .31 and .32 a
shot.

Config attached.
Current working setup: Linux cory64 2.6.30-gentoo-r4 #2 SMP Wed Oct 7
22:53:24 EDT 2009 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Regards,
Cory