Re: [BUG] usb-serial / pl2302 corrupted receive

From: peter
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 05:54:15 EST

Hi Greg,

Quoting Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 07:07:00PM +0100, Peter Feuerer wrote:
I connected two pls2302 usb-serial converters to two different
usb-ports of my machine and connected them with a rs232-nullmodem
cable to each other.

Terminal1:
cat /dev/ttyUSB1

Terminal2:
while true; do echo 123456789012345678901234567890 > /dev/ttyUSB0 ; done

cat and echo are known to not work well with usb to serial devices. Can
you duplicate this with a "real" tty program like minicom or something
else?

I will try to set up a test use-case which uses kermit.

But there is a calltrace in kernel log when using cat & echo, so something in the driver went wrong.
Thus there is a bug which can be reproduced and it should be fixed, don't you agree?

best regards,
--peter