Re: Upstream first policy

From: Chris Adams
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 16:29:47 EST

Once upon a time, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Its path based in the sense that public_html has a path based meaning by
>convention understood by httpd. Copy a jpeg into your public_html and it
>will be labelled up for http access under the Fedora shipped rule sets.

I'm pretty sure the "copy into a directory" only gets the correct label
by inheritance from the parent directory.

"mkdir public_html" only gets the correct label by running the
restorecond daemon, which is really kind of a hack. You have a
user-space daemon that watches for creation of specific things with
inotify, and resets their label when a match is found. It doesn't scale
up to many rules, certainly not the full SELinux list.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>