Re: ATA 4 KiB sector issues.

From: Mark Lord
Date: Wed Mar 10 2010 - 01:08:32 EST

On 03/09/10 19:00, Tejun Heo wrote:
On 03/09/2010 10:55 PM, Mark Lord wrote:
On 03/07/10 22:48, Tejun Heo wrote:
..
Please note that hdparm is misreporting the alignment offset. It
should be reporting 512 instead of 256 for offset-by-one drives.
..

That issue was fixed quite a while ago.
Upgrade your elderly copy of hdparm.

Heh heh, *you* were keeping it from me! Anyways, is there hdparm
devel tree published somewhere? I wandared the SF page for quite a
bit (which for some reason is very difficult to find things in) but I
couldn't find one. If it's not, it might be a good idea to put it on
SF or git.kernel.org?
..

No tree. There's just my working copy (private),
and the published versions at SF.

But yes, SF has gotten incredibly more cryptic to use of late,
and I might have to move it somewhere more accessible soon.

Cheers!