[FYI] cfg80211: HT40 fix for APs with odd country IEs for 2.6.33.y

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Thu Mar 11 2010 - 20:00:41 EST

Just a heads up to distribution maintainers, 2.6.33 has an
issue with disabling HT40 channels if you connect to an AP
that has an odd country IE. Specifically if your AP sends
out country IEs as follows:

[1-1]
[2-2]
[3-3]
[4-4]
[5-5]
[6-6]
[7-7]
[8-8]
[9-9]
[10-10]
[11-11]

instead of like this:

[1-11]

Then HT40 gets disabled. This issue was fixed on 2.6.34 and the fixes
were not propagated to 2.6.33.y as they are not "critical" fixes
per se, but if you do value this as "important" you may want to
fetch them and apply them to your 2.6.33.y kernel tree.

I've backported them and stashed them here:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mcgrof/patches/cfg80211/2010-03/reg-fixes-33/01-ht40-odd-country-ie/

John W. Linville (1):
wireless: fix build breakage when CONFIG_CFG80211_REG_DEBUG not set

Luis R. Rodriguez (7):
cfg80211: add a regulatory debug print
cfg80211: add debug print when we drop a bogus country IE
cfg80211: process the max power on a country IE
cfg80211: Fix country IE parsing for single channel triplets
cfg80211: fix 2 GHz subband calculation for country IEs
cfg80211: Ingore country IEs with a zero set of number of channels
cfg80211: make regulatory_hint_11d() band specific

net/wireless/reg.h | 11 ++
net/wireless/sme.c | 1 +