Re: [GIT PULL] final scsi updates for 2.6.34-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 12 2010 - 13:42:53 EST

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> And the fact that you complain about the very fact that you were gaming
> the system and now you can't because it's not predictable enough to game
> is what just proves my f*cking point!

Btw, just to clarify for next time: I'm not even going to mention in the
release notes how long the merge window is going to be.

Maybe I'll say "that's enough" after just one week, because the good
people did what they do, and sent me a lot of merges early, there were no
problems, and I might as well cut an -rc1 early since I have enough and
I'd like to occasionally get a _shorter_ release cycle not just because
the merge window was shorter, but because hopefully merging less might
result in an easier stabilization cycle too.

Or maybe I'll be busy for a few days, and extend it past the two weeks
just because I was in the middle of another flame war and needed a few
extra days to catch up with real work.

Who knows? The point being that being predictable has caused problems.
People have decided that they have an extra two weeks, and that the merge
window isn't a window at all, it's just a day when -rc1 gets done.

Linus