Tilera multi core: power consumption, design, performance (commentsplease)

From: Reza Roboubi
Date: Mon Mar 15 2010 - 19:06:43 EST

LKML is very quite about the Tilera multi core chip. I'm wondering why that is?

I know the debate about RISC/VLIW vs. non-RISC/OoO. However, what do people think about the overall performance of Tilera given it's low power consumption (~55 watts) as far as it's intended (parallelizable) applications are concerned?

I looked at the Tilera patent number 7,636,835. It looks like a decent directory based cache coherency solution that is very scalable.

So, please give comments if you can.
Why is the chip not discussed at LKML? Is it cost or lack of documentation?

Thanks.

Reza.