Re: [RFC] remove implicit slab.h inclusion from percpu.h

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 03:44:40 EST

Hello,

On 03/16/2010 03:54 PM, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Maybe a better way is to grab for slab API usages in .c files which
> don't have slab.h inclusion. If breaking the dependency is the way to
> go, I can definitely write up some scripts and do test builds on some
> archs. There sure will be some fallouts but I think it won't be too
> bad.

Hmmm... here are some interesting numbers. Not completely exact but
should give the general ballpark idea.

all .c files : 13999
.c files which use any of slab interface : 5603
.c files which include slab.h : 2519
.c files which include slab.h but don't use it : 577
.c files which use slab but don't include it : 3661

.c files with k[mzc]alloc/k[z]free usage : 5291
.c files with other slab interface usage : 356

C files which use k[mzc]alloc/k[z]free covers ~38% of all c files.
One possibility is to separate out those into kmalloc.h and make it
available universally via kernel.h.

Thanks.

--
tejun