Re: aio: compat_ioctl issue?

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Tue Mar 16 2010 - 16:36:13 EST

Jeff Moyer wrote:
[]
> Sorry for taking so long on this. I only tested the case where niovs >
> fast_segs, and I missed an obvious thing: I didn't assign the return
> pointer to the proper iovec.

There's no need to be sorry really. Because, well, the whole thing isn't
quite useful anyway: running proper 64bit code is preferable ;)

I actually tried the thing, running a guest right now, which in turn is
running a quick benchmark and appears to perform quite good at it too.

> So, this patch should get you going.

Well, I already switched to 64bit kvm binary for my case, and actually
that one makes alot more sense anyway: there's no conversion like this
needed, and no 32<=>64bit mode switching either. (Actually 32bit code
in this my case is slower elsewhere too).

By the way, how about the case when we've several {write,read}v in the
iocb array? Will each use the same fast_segs array from the beginning,
overwriting data of previous iocb element? :) Just... curious :)

Thank you for your support!

You can add my
Tested-By: Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx>
if you want. Thanks!