Re: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a singleproject

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Mar 18 2010 - 15:16:12 EST

* drepper@xxxxxxxxx <drepper@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:13, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The suckage of kernel async IO is for similar reasons: there's an ugly
> > package separation problem between the kernel and between glibc
>
> Bollocks. glibc would use (and is using) everything the kernel provides.

I didnt say it's glibc's fault - if then it's more of the kernel's fault as
most of the complexity is on that side. I said it's due to the fundamental
distance between the app that makes use of it, the library and the kernel, and
the resulting difficulties in getting a combined solution out.

None of the parties really feels it to be their own thing.

Ingo