Re: [RFC] Unify KVM kernel-space and user-space code into a singleproject

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Mon Mar 22 2010 - 10:47:11 EST

On 03/22/2010 04:32 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Avi Kivity<avi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 03/22/2010 02:44 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
This is why i consider that line of argument rather dishonest ...
I am not going to reply to any more email from you on this thread.
Because i pointed out that i consider a line of argument intellectually
dishonest?

I did not say _you_ as a person are dishonest - doing that would be an ad
honimen attack against your person. (In fact i dont think you are, to the
contrary)

An argument can certainly be labeled dishonest in a fair discussion and it is
not a personal attack against you to express my opinion about that.

Sigh, why am I drawn into this.

A person who uses dishonest arguments is a dishonest person. When you say I use a dishonest argument you are implying I am dishonest. Why do you argue with me at all if you think I am trying to cheat?

If you disagree with me, tell me I am wrong, not dishonest (or that my arguments are dishonest). And this is just one example in this thread. Seriously, tools/kvm would cause a loss of developers, not a gain, simply because of the style of argument of some people on this list. Maybe qemu/kernels is a better idea.

Again, if you want to talk to me, use the same language you'd like to hear yourself. Or maybe years of lkml made you so thick skinned you no longer understand how to interact with people.