Usage of checkpatch.pl for other projects

From: Sylvestre Ledru
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 05:44:49 EST

Hello,

I saw the very interesting presentation of Greg at the last FOSDEM where
he explained how to write a patch of the kernel.

During his presentation, he presented the script checkpatch.pl which
checks the coding style of a patch / file.

For a while, I have been looking for such script which can check the
compliance of a source code against a coding policy.

Obviously, the coding style of my project is not exactly the same as he
Kernel one.

Therefor, I would like to know if there is any plan of making a
dedicated project of this piece of software to allow usage of it for
other projects.
If it is not the case, is it possible to contribute to change the
behavior of the policy check (of course, disable by default for kernel
hackers) ?

Thanks,
Sylvestre