Re: Poor interactive performance with I/O loads with fsync()ing

From: Pawel S
Date: Tue Mar 23 2010 - 07:28:37 EST

Hello

I am experiencing very similar issue. My system is a regular desktop
PC and it suffers from very high I/O latencies (sometimes desktop
"hangs" for eight seconds or more) when copying large files. I tried
kernels up to 2.6.34-rc2, but without luck. This issue was raised at
Phoronix forums and Arjan (from Intel) noticed it can be VM related:

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114975&postcount=51

Here is my perf timechart where you can notice I/O "steals" CPU from
the other tasks:

http://hotfile.com/dl/30596827/ebe566b/output.svg.gz.html

Regards!

P.S. if there is some way I can help more just let me know please.