AMD Geode LX WDT (geode-mfgpt)

From: Martin Teufel
Date: Wed Mar 31 2010 - 02:30:42 EST

Hi,

I have some ALIX boards (SBC) with AMD Geode LX CPUs and their companion
device CS5536 and am using Debian on them. I didn't care about the
integrated watchdog timer (in the CS5536) so far. Recently I did, but
neither the CONFIG_GEODE_WDT was set in the debian kernel (2.6.26), nor
the CONFIG_GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER. So I compiled my own debian 2.6.26 geode
kernel (CONFIG_MGEODE_LX=y, CONFIG_GEODE_WDT=y,
CONFIG_GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER=y, CONFIG_CRYPTO_DEV_GEODE=y etc.).

My problem is that the geode-mfgpt doesn't find any timers:

[ 0.204012] geode-mfgpt: 0 MFGPT timers available.
[ 0.208013] mfgpt-timer: Could not allocate a MFPGT timer
[ 2.284029] geodewdt: No timers were available

My question is: Why doesn't it? Is this a known bug? If so, is it
already fixed in a newer kernel version?

BTW: There are two typing errors in the mfgpt_32.c (line 232 and 342).
It should be MFGPT but is MFPGT. :)

Please note that I'm *not* on the mailing list, so please send me a CC
of your answer(s) - thanks.
Since I'm relatively new to kernel issues maybe I'm just missing
something. If so, please forgive me and don't objurgate me too much. ;-)

Regards,
Martin