Re: linux-next: powerpc boot failure

From: Timo Teräs
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 03:30:01 EST

Stephen Rothwell wrote:
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:11:47 +0300 Timo Teräs <timo.teras@xxxxxx> wrote:
The above pc is in this piece of code (I think - I don't have the actual
kernel) from __xfrm_lookup (in net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c):

if ((flags & XFRM_LOOKUP_ICMP) &&
!(pols[0]->flags & XFRM_POLICY_ICMP)) {
err = -ENOENT;
goto error;
}

for (i = 0; i < num_pols; i++)
pols[i]->curlft.use_time = get_seconds(); <-------- (line 1845)

And the 0x200000025 is probably &(pols[i]) (which actually seems unlikely
since pols is an array on the stack).
What kind of xfrm policies the system has?

I don't even know what an xfrm policy is :-). This is a pretty normal Ubuntu
Gutsy install and wouldn't have anything special in its network setup.

The above code fragment may be not quite the right place, sorry. But it
is the right function.

You don't probably have any xfrm policies then. And that code should not
really get executed.

Some of the changes touch globally visible structs, and inline functions.
Was this a clean rebuild? And did you update all kernel modules, also in
the initramfs?