Re: open sockets from task_struct

From: Jonathan Campbell
Date: Sun Apr 18 2010 - 03:31:09 EST

(reposted because I remember kernel.org mentioning that HTML email is verboten or something like that---Sorry!)

I know that on the user-space side any open handles can be seen in the /proc/<pid>/fd directory (<pid> is whatever process you're interested in).
Assuming you're talking about reading this from kernel space, I'd look at what the procfs filesystem is doing and learn from that.
Sockets and block/char devices are listed like any other file, the list is based on file handles.

I have task_struct structure , how to find all the opened files ? how
to find opened sockets ?

Thanks,
Ratheesh