Re: Google Summer of Code 2010 - Please resolve duplicates

From: Till Kamppeter
Date: Mon Apr 19 2010 - 18:57:23 EST

On 04/19/2010 03:46 PM, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 12:39:34PM -0700, Till Kamppeter wrote:
Hi,

two students who applied for your projects have applied also for
another organization's project and they got accepted by us and by
the other organization.

Until Wednesday Google wants these situation to be resolved until
Wednesday April 21, 17:00 UTC. Please contact the students and/or
the organization to agree on one of the project for each student.

In addition, the ranking of the students (to decide who actually
gets our slots) and the mentor assignments have to be finalized by
the same date and time.

Duplicates not be resolved until then will be resolved on an IRC
meeting on Wednesday April 21 at 19:00 UTC. The meeting takes place
in the #gsoc channel on Freenode.

Please mail me if a mentor needs to be (re)assigned.

Till

Hi all,

I have opened the duplicate information for students to all of your
orgs. If you view your student proposals now the ones that are ranked
to be accepted that are duplicated with another org will be marked in
red. If you click on the proposal you will see the contact information
for the other organization(s)'s admins near the bottom of the
proposal.

You must also have a mentor assigned to all the students in your top N
slots by now. If you do not have a mentor assigned to them the
duplicate detection script will not pick them up and we may have
duplicates we don't know about. That is bad, please fix that if its
the case.

Please try to resolve as many of these duplicate situations via email
in the next two days as possible - contact your fellow organizations,
be clear with each other about who is taking the student, and then
rank the student up if you are accepting him/her or mark the student
ineligible with a public comment that you have marked it ineligible
because of a duplicate situation if you are not taking the student.

The deadline for changing rankings is 17:00UTC on Wednesday, April 21.
All duplicates that have not been resolved by 17:00 UTC will be taken
to the IRC meeting at 19:00 UTC.

Have a pointer to the web site to do this?

thanks,

greg k-h

Sorry, here we go:

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/list_proposals/google/gsoc2010/lf