Re: [patch] ksm: check for ERR_PTR from follow_page()

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 16:58:30 EST

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:53:05PM +0200, Johannes Weiner wrote:
> Check below that loop. If it returns non-null, the first check is
> whether it IS_ERR().

Indeed.

> + * Returns the mapped (struct page *), %NULL if no mapping exists, or
> + * an error pointer if there is a mapping to something not represented
> + * by a page descriptor (see also vm_normal_page()).

where exactly in vm_normal_page? Note I already checked vm_normal_page
before sending the prev email and I didn't immediately see. I search
return and they all return NULL except the return pfn_to_page(pfn), so
is pfn_to_page that returns -EFAULT (the implementations I checked
don't but there are plenty that I didn't check...).