Lockdep usage

From: Darren Hart
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 02:26:15 EST

I'm having some trouble with lockstat. I've enabled CONFIG_LOCK_STATS and then run the following commands to collect the lock statistics for the futex_lock test case. I expect this test case to generate a fair amount of contention on the futex hash bucket locks, but they don't show up in the stats (in fact, nothing shows up in the stats). I have seen much longer lock_stat files when I forgot to clear them before the test, but no hb locks showed up there either.

Is my usage below incorrect? Do I have to somehow annotate the hb->lock in order for lockstat to track it?

This is as of:
commit a3d3203e4bb40f253b1541e310dc0f9305be7c84
Merge: f937331... ec28dcc...