Re: What's the staging review and acceptance process?

From: John W. Linville
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 16:23:47 EST

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 08:42:45AM +0200, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:12:42PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:55:18PM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> > > Not really, patchwork shows status immediately.
> >
> > Immediately when someone does something with it, right? So, the same as
> > my development cycle?
>
> I guess the main difference is that patchwork allows one contributor
> to see that his patch has just not been checked yet, vs. missed/lost.

In Greg's defense, I find patchwork to be fairly unwieldy (which is
why I don't use it). It is certainly possible that I am missing some
key feature, but my limited experience with it suggested to me that all
the clicky-clicky stuff required to deal with the individual messages
queued in patchwork nearly doubled my time overhead associated with
merging patches.

John
--
John W. Linville Someday the world will need a hero, and you
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx might be all we have. Be ready.