Re: Should I really bother all maintainers with this?

From: Francis Galiegue
Date: Thu Apr 22 2010 - 17:44:17 EST

[Cc:ed trivial@xxxxxxxxxx]

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:21 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier.adi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 17:12, Francis Galiegue wrote:
>> This patch only fixes quite a common mistake in Documentation/, and if I
>> scripts/get_maintainer.pl on the patch (which is recommended), I potentially
>> mail thousands of people who probably have more useful/exciting stuff to do
>> anyway. So, I submit it as is.
>
> this kind of stuff usually goes through the trivial tree.  look at
> TRIVIAL PATCHES in the MAINTAINERS file.
> -mike

Point taken... But the patch doesn't apply as is over trivial/master or
trivial/for-next, as two files don't seem to exist on either branch (trivial
being the git repository mentioned in MAINTAINERS):
Documentation/DMA-API-HOWTO.txt and Documentation/filesystems/ceph.txt.

Thanks for the input,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@xxxxxxxxx
"It seems obvious [...] that at least some 'business intelligence'