Re: platform_bus: Allow runtime PM by default

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Apr 23 2010 - 12:19:22 EST

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 04:57:21PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > > This depends on "PM: Provide generic subsystem-level callbacks" which is
> > > in Linus' tree - which kernel version are you building against and with
> > > what config? Things work fine for me in -next...
>
> > I was using Linus's latest tree as of yesterday when this failed. Are
> > you relying on something in -next that is not in Linus's tree?
>
> Turns out it's commit ad53012 "i2c: Fix bus-level power management
> callbacks" in the PM tree that it depends on. Does it make sense to
> merge this via there rather than via your tree?

Why would an i2c specific patch be needed here? Do you have a pointer
to that patch?

And yes, if it depends on something else in the PM tree, feel free to
send this patch also through it, I have no objection to that. Rafael,
care to pick it up? Mark, you might have to resend it to him.

thanks,

greg k-h