Re: USBIP (staging) driver's dependency on drivers/usb/core internalheaders

From: Alan Stern
Date: Fri Apr 23 2010 - 12:50:29 EST

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Eric Lescouet wrote:

> If I understand correctly, splitting hub.h into hub.h + ch11.h is
> independent of the move. At the end the 2 (or 3 files) would end up
> into include/linux/usb/.
> correct?

Two files. The first would be ch11.h (or maybe keep the name hub.h;
I'm not sure which is best), and the second would be hcd.h (including
the leftover parts from the original hub.h).

> I've tried to move hub.h and hcd.h and to compile the kernel, already.
> Changing the path of the #include directives in ~40 files did the trick.
>
> Would you like 2 patches (move and then split) or only 1?

If it weren't for the rename, I'd say do it in two patches. But if the
name is changed to ch11.h then those 40 files would have to be altered
twice.

Alan Stern