Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the wireless tree

From: Steve deRosier
Date: Tue Apr 27 2010 - 13:07:27 EST

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 8:40 AM, John W. Linville
<linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right.  So in wireless-testing I did the includes in the other order
> (i.e. "deb_defs.h" first), but that is a bit ugly.  Any suggestions
> on alternatives?
>
> "#undef pr_fmt" just before the "#define pr_fmt(fmt)..." line in
> db_defs.h seems to eliminate the warning even with the more normal
> ordering of the #include lines.  I'm not familiar with the usage of
> pr_fmt -- will doing the above preserve the desired effect?

John,

I thought about that particular strategy (doing the #undef) instead of
the non-traditional include mess. But not being familiar enough with
the pr_fmt stuff, I didn't want to do it.

My goal was to get the '#define pr_fmt(fmt) KBUILD_MODNAME ": " fmt'
line in the deb_defs.h header so it was only in one place. But to
build, that define must be before kernel.h gets included anywhere.
Hence the current mess.

I'm OK with the #undef strategy and moving the deb_defs.h include to a
better position if that's the correct way to do this. Please let me
know if I have any action items on this.

- Steve