Re: [Patch 2/3] sysctl: add proc_do_large_bitmap

From: Cong Wang
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 05:17:16 EST

Cong Wang wrote:
Changli Gao wrote:
add the following lines to let "echo 1-10 >>
/proc/..." work as normal.

Hmm, I haven't tested this, what did you see if we append
lines into it?

Also, do we need appending lines to this /proc file when design it?
Octavian? Eric?

Hmm, currently this behaves like other /proc files, IOW,
echo 'foo' >> /proc/XXX is the same with echo 'foo' > /proc/XXX.

I think it is reasonable for bitmap /proc files to have
echo 'foo' >> /proc/XXX behaves like non-proc files, that is
appending numbers into that file, like what Changli mentioned.

Any objections?

Thanks.