ath5k deadlock w/ blob transfer

From: Nils Radtke
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 06:51:14 EST

Hi,

Guess, this is better suited in here:

> - ath5k: when starting a blob transfer eg. ssh summer.jpg to the
> notebook with the ath5k driver running, the wNIC freezes almost
> immediately! Dead device. This is unfortunately too easily reproducible.
> In fact, this is a blocker, wireless blob transfer via ssh (other means
> not tested) is not possible w/o locking it up.

But wait! I just remembered another case. Using the (incomprehensibly) "obsolete"
madwifi diver (note aside: this driver _does_ reduce the _felt_ deadlock frequency
or kernel panics, referenced by http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/3/229, but not
entirely make them go away). It evenly locks the wireless NIC while transferring
blobs.

So where should I be posting this? When both drivers deadlock it's either a common
base in the wireless driver premisses or yet up the path somewhere in the kernel code.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Nils