Re: [git pull request] ACPI patches for 2.6.34-rc6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 20:13:16 EST

On Sat, 8 May 2010, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> To calrify, I think the approach in the Matthew's patch is correct, but since I have
> some bad experience with that particular thing, I prefer to make that change in
> 2.6.35 and then move on to drop the flag entirely.

Oh,yes. I'm not suggesting we do it late in the -rc cycle.

I just don't think the DMI table is a good idea, so in the longer run I
wan tto get rid of it, rather than have it grow (by quite a few entries,
in this case).

There are valid reasons for DMI tables in many cases, but in this case I
think the reason is simply that we do the wrong thing, so then we ended up
with a DMI table to "fix" the wrong thing we do.

Linus