Re: [tip:x86/cpu] Modify the VMware balloon driver for the new x86_hyper API

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Mon May 10 2010 - 12:17:37 EST

On Monday 10 May 2010 08:23:28 am H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 05/10/2010 01:06 AM, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Source please? I was not aware that there was a standard governing
> > returns code for module init methods.
>
> ENODEV means "not a device node."
> ENXIO means "hardware not present."

There is no device node in question. Again, could you please point me to
the list of allowed error codes for init methods? According to SUS,
we need to follow ERROR section of the appropriate function, and I do
not believe that spec covers cases if driver binding and module loading.

FWIW -ENODEV is explicitly allowed in our device core and means "device
not found", especially in context of platform devices. I do not see the
need of changing that.

Thanks.

--
Dmitry