Re: [git pull request] ACPI patches for 2.6.34-rc6

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue May 11 2010 - 14:20:25 EST

On Tue, 11 May 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> I see Windows write the SCI_EN bit without reading it first and without
> calling the ACPI enable SMM function.

Hmm. So presumably Windows doesn't even do them bit-by-bit, but simply
does a "restore PM1 Control register value" on resume.

And I guess it probably does the same for the PM1_ENABLE register and the
PM2 control registers too?

Just restoring the whole register values _does_ sound a lot simpler than
worrying about individual bits.

Linus