Re: ath9k: BUG kmalloc-8192: Poison overwritten

From: Justin P. Mattock
Date: Fri May 14 2010 - 21:26:25 EST

Justin P. Mattock

On May 14, 2010, at 5:52 PM, "Luis R. Rodriguez" <lrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 03:32:48PM -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
ATH9K: cachelsz 256 rxbufsize 3904

OK I see nothing odd with these values, and I do not see how
these values can make ath_rxbuf_alloc() barf. I'd like to
reproduce this myself at least once, I left iperf running over
night with no rants from SLAB. I should note this should be
reproducible with RX only if it is ath_rxbuf_alloc() to blame
but without a concrete reproducible instructions it is hard
to guess what to do and if this can only come up during RX.

Can you describe a little more when you have seen this? What
were you doing exactly, for how long? When was the last time
you saw this, what were you doing then?

Luis

This is hard to reproduce(reason for looking a kmemchek).

As for what I remember, walked into the las Vegas convention cntr (Hilton),
Found the Internet hub, scanned for networks, wicd said it was connected, opened firefox to see the prices, ended up seeing a blank page(at this point didn't look at dmesg(could have already happened)), then switched to another network(did this a few times),
Eventually opened firefox(saw the prices, said fuc*k this), then started to read up on i8042.c(cause Linus was pull requesting and I wanted to find out what was going on in that area), then
Checked dmesg, and voilà there the bug is.

After this rebooted, was hoping this was reproducable for a bisect, but realized it's not the reproducable..

Justin P. Mattock--