RE: [linux-pm] Power Domain Framework

From: Mark Brown
Date: Mon May 17 2010 - 17:18:27 EST

On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 22:38 +0200, Linus WALLEIJ wrote:
> [Sundar]

> > This is one of the most important aspect for such a change in the
> > regulator framework: bringing in the domain aspect can encourage all
> > newer (possibly older) architectures to come under a generic umbrella.

> I have the same view, and I've been enouraging Sundar to bring this
> discussion with the community in order to avoid code duplication.

> Of course we can start inventing our own power-domain machine
> like everyone else, but before we do that, let's atleast try to
> do something generic, so bear with us...

So, there's two separate issues here: one is if it makes sense to do a
generic power domain framework and/or, and the other is if it makes
sense for that generic power domain framework to be part of the
regulator API. I do agree that separating out the common bits of power
domain implementation would be good, my concerns here are around the
level of integration with the regulator API.