Re: [git pull] drm for 2.6.35-rc1 (revised)

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Fri May 21 2010 - 22:00:31 EST

Hi Linus,

On Fri, 21 May 2010 11:56:39 -0700 (PDT) Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect we should have some "new warnings are errors" thing for
> linux-next, so that people can't do this.

I do attempt to report new warnings but they are often hard to spot among
all the "may be used uninitialised" rubbish of an X86_64 allmodconfig
build. Also, sometimes people ignore me, of course. :-(

That being said, I did not get the mentioned warning for either an i386
or x86_64 allmodconfig build - I wonder why not? Compiler differences?
Config differences? (See
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/2617918/ and
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/2617928/).

Ah, I did get it for an i386 defconfig build
(http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/buildresult/2617930/).

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx