Re: What's up with wireless drivers?

From: Piotr Hosowicz
Date: Sun May 23 2010 - 22:54:18 EST

On 23.05.2010 23:53, Randy Dunlap wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2010 20:28:53 +0200 Piotr Hosowicz wrote:

On 23.05.2010 19:50, Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 05/23/2010 03:54 PM, Piotr Hosowicz wrote:
And they had built flawlessly. But main build with make-kpkg
kernel_image nevertheless still fails. I don;t know what to do. I don't
want to do those strace's, because it will take awfully long.

Why don't you just look at the actual error which is likely somewhere
above because of parallel build? And when you are posting outputs, first
switch your locale to en so that we can parse the output.

I tried again and the error is about CEPH. I attach the typescript. I am
totaly confused, now build breakse in yet another place than before.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

PS: I ordered make modules without calling make first, I on't know if
it's ok.

CC [M] fs/ceph/msgpool.o
fs/ceph/msgpool.c: In function ___ceph_msgpool_put___:
fs/ceph/msgpool.c:173: error: implicit declaration of function ___kref_set___
make[2]: *** [fs/ceph/msgpool.o] B____d 1
make[1]: *** [fs/ceph] B____d 2
make: *** [fs] B____d 2

Known problem, but I haven't seen a fix for it yet.

And note how it says Error 1, not just Error 2.
Error 1 is the primary error. Just showing us Error 2 is mostly useless.

Thanks, the kernel is built and booted as you can see, but there is an error after boot, I'll start a separate thread about it.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
"Bardzo fajna firma, tylko czasami nie płaci. Do jej głównych
zalet należą: ekspres ciśnieniowy (ale tylko na jednym z pię-