Re: Clock jumps

From: Bernhard Schmidt
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 18:12:20 EST

On 27.05.2010 23:53, Zachary Amsden wrote:

Hello Zachary,

I have server side fixes for this kvm-clock which seem to give me a
stable clock on this machine, but for true SMP stability, you will need
Glauber's guest side changes to kvmclock as well. It is impossible to
guarantee strictly monotonic clocksource across multiple CPUs when
frequency is dynamically changing (and also because of the C1E idle
problems).

Is all this relevant only when the host is on TSC? Because I have seen these jumps when the host was on HPET and the guests were using kvm-clock.

Anyway, can you send me both patches? I'd like to try it, but I have completely lost track where the up-to-date patches are.

Bernhard