Re: Perf trace event parse errors for KVM events

From: Avi Kivity
Date: Sat May 29 2010 - 07:51:21 EST

On 05/29/2010 12:45 AM, Steven Rostedt wrote:
On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 17:42 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
I get parse errors when using Steven Rostedt's trace-cmd tool, too.

Any ideas what is going on here? I can provide more info (e.g. trace
files) if necessary.
Does trace-cmd fail on the same tracepoints? Have you checkout the
latest code?.

I do know it fails on some of the KVM tracerpoints since the formatting
they use is obnoxious.

Isn't there a binary trace for this?

signature is too narrow to contain.