schedule inside spin_lock_irqsave?

From: Richard Zidlicky
Date: Sun May 30 2010 - 10:49:34 EST

Hi,

came across following snippet of code (2.6.34:drivers/media/dvb/siano/smscoreapi.c) and
since prepare_to_wait is new for me I am wondering if this is can work?

struct smscore_buffer_t *smscore_getbuffer(struct smscore_device_t *coredev)
{
struct smscore_buffer_t *cb = NULL;
unsigned long flags;

DEFINE_WAIT(wait);

spin_lock_irqsave(&coredev->bufferslock, flags);

/* This function must return a valid buffer, since the buffer list is
* finite, we check that there is an available buffer, if not, we wait
* until such buffer become available.
*/

prepare_to_wait(&coredev->buffer_mng_waitq, &wait, TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE);

if (list_empty(&coredev->buffers))
schedule();

finish_wait(&coredev->buffer_mng_waitq, &wait);

cb = (struct smscore_buffer_t *) coredev->buffers.next;
list_del(&cb->entry);

spin_unlock_irqrestore(&coredev->bufferslock, flags);

return cb;
}

Regards
Richard