Linux 2.6.35-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun May 30 2010 - 17:14:54 EST

It's been two weeks, and so the merge window is closed. There may be a few
trees I haven't pulled yet, but the bulk should all be there. And please,
let's try to make the merge window mean something this time - don't send
me any new pull request unless they are for real regressions or for major
bugs, ok?

This time, there are no new filesystems (surprise surprise), but there's
certainly been filesystem work both on an individual FS layer (btrfs,
cept, cifs, ext4, nfs, ocfs2 and xfs) and at the VFS layer (superblock
and quota cleanups in particular).

But as usual, the bulk of the changes are in drivers. About two thirds of
all the changes, to be exact. infiniband, networking and staging drivers
are the bulk of it, but there's changes all over (drm, sound, media, usb,
input layer, you name it).

And what's good to see is that we continue to have very healthy
statistics. About 8500 commits (of which 400+ are merges), with about a
thousand individual developers involved (git counts 1047, but some of them
are bound to be duplicates due to people mis-spelling their names etc).
It's skewed, of course - with the median number of commits per person
being just three - but I think that's what we want to see in a healthy
development environment.

Linus