Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rr tree

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 00:45:24 EST

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010 11:33:45 am Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Rusty,
>
> After merging the rr tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
> failed like this:
>
> kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_main.c: In function 'kdb_lsmod':
> kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_main.c:1897: error: 'struct module' has no member named 'modules_which_use_me'
> kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_main.c:1897: error: 'struct module' has no member named 'modules_which_use_me'

Thanks Stephen! I'm not surprised Linus (and I) missed this.

Jason/Martin, please don't do this again. If you need a structure definition
from a file, pull it out into the header don't cut and paste it like
kernel/debug/kdb/kdb_main.c line 1859:

#if defined(CONFIG_MODULES)
/* modules using other modules */
struct module_use {
struct list_head list;
struct module *module_which_uses;
};

I've fixed this as part of the Linus-inspired module locking cleanup which
should hit linux-next tomorrow and -rc2 sometime.

Thanks,
Rusty.