Re: [GIT PULL] ARM MSM updates for 2.6.35-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jun 02 2010 - 17:44:08 EST

On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I got a bit frustrated with ten different ARM pulls per day at one point.

In other words - when I do a "git pull", I really want to feel like there
is some point to it. When I get ten different ARM maintainers asking me to
pull stuff that just looks like noise, I'm just not getting those warm and
fuzzies about them.

I'm also getting the feeling that now that different arch sub-architecture
maintainers all try to get their stuff in through me, things have actually
gotten worse - there's even less feeling of "somebody is actually trying
to keep track of all this stuff".

I understand why rmk wasn't happy. I'm also not really happy.

Linus