Re: failed command FLUSH CACHE EXT

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 04:23:21 EST

Hello,

On 06/03/2010 01:42 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I seem to have rather bad luck with hard drives. Every time I buy more than
> two, I tend to get one or two failures out of the batch. 25-50% failure rate
> almost. Horrible. I at least average 1 dead hard drive a year since I got my
> first computer.

Hmmm... that sounds really high. Out of how many? Hard drives do
fail sometimes but not that easily even if you put it under relatively
heavy use 24/7. Maybe there is a common cause - say, instable power,
vibration, impact or whatever? Or maybe the universe just doesn't
like you? :-)

Thanks.

--
tejun