[ANNOUNCE]: Persistent Reservations implemented for SCST, iSCSI-SCSTand Fibre Channel qla2x00t

From: Vladislav Bolkhovitin
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 16:11:37 EST

We are pleased to announce that a full set of SCSI Persistent Reservations commands implemented for SCST, iSCSI-SCST and Fibre Channel qla2x00t drivers and available for download from the SCST SVN.

Persistent Reservations commands allow to use iSCSI-SCST and qla2x00t in cluster environments like Windows 2008 or RHEL clustering (for I/O fencing).

Hopefully, before 2.0 release other SCST target drivers will be updated to support Persistent Reservations as well.

SCST is a most advanced and high performance SCSI target subsystem for Linux. SCST allows creation of sophisticated storage devices from any Linux box. Home page of SCST is http://scst.sourceforge.net.

ISCSI-SCST is a relatively new, but already most advanced and high performance iSCSI target for Linux. Home page of iSCSI-SCST is http://iscsi-scst.sourceforge.net.

Qla2x00t is a Fibre Channel target driver for QLogic qla2xxx adapters. Home page of qla2x00t is http://scst.sourceforge.net/target_qla2x00t.html.

You can download SCST SVN by command:

$ svn co https://scst.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scst/trunk

Also we would like to announce intermediate version 2.0-rc2 of the SCST suit. Version 2.0-rc2 means that all the main changes for upcoming 2.0 release finished and no more processing path changes are planned to be done before release. All the left to be done changes are going to fix only some outstanding problems in the internals of the SCST management interfaces. Hopefully, the work will be finished in a week-two.

Vlad