RE: linux-next: Tree for June 3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 19:02:19 EST

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Luck, Tony wrote:

> It gets rid of the oops. So that's good. Something is still
> hokey in linux-next land though because no modules get loaded.
> So no ehci/uhci available :-(

So maybe the error (the one that caused us to exit and caused the oops due
to the wrong return value) is the one that now causes it to not load.

I note that ia64 has a pretty big/complex module_frob_arch_sections().
Many architectures (like x86) has a trivial one ("return 0;"), and there
might be some ordering differences in the setup that only matter with
architectures that do odd things there..

Linus